Client on dos

M.Sapsed m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
Thu Aug 26 14:04:19 GMT 1999

Paul Lacatus wrote:

>     I need to use a samba server (linux redhat 6.0 ) from a diskless dos
> machine ( has a floppy drive for booting) . So i need a very little
> tcp-ip stack for dos and a client for a NT server on dos so that they
> will be small enough to be on a 1.44 system floppy.

If you look under http://www.bangor.ac.uk/is/iss081/ you'll find 2
"recipes" for
boot disks which boot DOS and then allow you to connect to e.g. samba
servers.

I didn't write either of them - the addresses of the contributors are at
the top of the files!

Cheers

Martin

--
Martin Sapsed                                Tel: +44 (0)1248 382409
Computing Lab                                Fax: +44 (0)1248 383826
University of Wales, Bangor             m.sapsed at bangor.ac.uk
North Wales, LL57 2DG
           Press any key to continue or any other key to quit...