Dos Client

Serge Colle serge at mindstep.com
Wed Aug 25 17:48:29 GMT 1999

Paul Lacatus <paul at campina.iiruc.ro> wrote in message news:37C4291C.10838B78 at campina.iiruc.ro...
>     I need to use a samba server (linux redhat 6.0 ) from a diskless dos
> machine ( has a floppy drive for booting) . So i need a very little
> tcp-ip stack for dos and a client for a NT server on dos so that they
> will be small enough to be on a 1.44 system floppy.
>     Is that possible ?
>
>     Paul

I don't know if a small TCP/IP and SMB client exist for DOS or
fit on a single diskette. However if you meant a Intel machine,
you may want to look at picoBSD at www.freebsd.org/picoBSD. They
have an OS running with a TCP/IP stack on 1.2M floppy. You could then
maybe used smbclient or Sharity-Light. It is just a suggestion,
it may not all fit on a 1.44M floppy.

Serge
--
Serge Colle, M.SC                                 Tel:         (613) 526-5062
MindStep Corporation                            Fax:        (613) 526-2417