Making samba work like NT 4 SP 5 WRT share names

JFreeman at cornell-iowa.edu JFreeman at cornell-iowa.edu
Mon Aug 9 14:12:41 GMT 1999

Hello all:

On the first of August, I asked if there was a way to get samba mounted
shares longer than 12 characters in samba 2.05a.  The only suggestion I
could find was to turn off "nt smb support".  This does not work.  Can
anyone tell me how to modify the code safely to increase the share name
length.  Thanks ever so much.

Jim

------
James Freeman, Ph.D.        NeXT mail accepted
Professor of Mathematics    jfreeman at cornell-iowa.edu
Department of Mathematics   webmaster at cornell-iowa.edu
600 First Street West       (319)895-4393 (office)
Mount Vernon, Iowa  52314   (319)895-6866 (home)