Building Samba master from a few days ago on CentOS 8.5 runs into a weird Python problem

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Mon Aug 21 03:08:08 UTC 2023

On Sun, Aug 20, 2023 at 7:44 PM Andrew Bartlett <abartlet at samba.org> wrote:

> On Wed, 2023-08-16 at 18:50 -0700, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical wrote:
>
> Hi folks,
>

> I am trying to configure Samba master from a few days ago on a CentOS
>
> 8.5 system.
>

> I ran the bootstrap script and it only complained about lmdb-devel ...
>

> Then when I ran configure --enable-debug, I got this error:
>

> --------------------------------------
>
> # ./configure --enable-debug
>
> Setting top to                           : /root/src/samba-ad-error-injection
>
> Setting out to                           :
>
> /root/src/samba-ad-error-injection/bin
>
> Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "/root/src/samba-ad-error-injection/third_party/waf/waflib/Utils.py",
>
> line 833, in wrap
>
>     return cache[k]
>
> KeyError: (<samba_waf18.ConfigurationContext object at 0x7fb83837d8e0>,)
>

> During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
>

> Traceback (most recent call last):
>
>   File "/root/src/samba-ad-error-injection/third_party/waf/waflib/Utils.py",
>
> line 833, in wrap
>
>     return cache[k]
>
> KeyError: (<samba_waf18.ConfigurationContext object at 0x7fb83837d8e0>,)
>
> ---------------------------------------
>

> In looking at the Python code it seems like there is an issue with the
>
> except KeyError clause in the code.
>

> Has anyone seen this issue before?
>

> Richard,
>

> Just checking if you managed to work it out?

Yes, I did thank you. The bootstrap script had not actually run and
all I had to do from memory was to remove lmdb-devel from the list of
RPMs installed.

It was confusing at first because I first built it on one of our
standard build VMs and did not have to run the bootstrap script.

--
Regards,
Richard Sharpe