Building Samba master from a few days ago on CentOS 8.5 runs into a weird Python problem

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Mon Aug 21 02:44:02 UTC 2023

On Wed, 2023-08-16 at 18:50 -0700, Richard Sharpe via samba-technical
wrote:
> Hi folks,
> I am trying to configure Samba master from a few days ago on a
> CentOS8.5 system.
> I ran the bootstrap script and it only complained about lmdb-devel
> Then when I ran configure --enable-debug, I got this error:
> --------------------------------------# ./configure --enable-
> debugSetting top to                           : /root/src/samba-ad-
> error-injectionSetting out
> to                           :/root/src/samba-ad-error-
> injection/binChecking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : Traceback
> (most recent call last):  File "/root/src/samba-ad-error-
> injection/third_party/waf/waflib/Utils.py",line 833, in
> wrap    return cache[k]KeyError: (<samba_waf18.ConfigurationContext
> object at 0x7fb83837d8e0>,)
> During handling of the above exception, another exception occurred:
> Traceback (most recent call last):  File "/root/src/samba-ad-error-
> injection/third_party/waf/waflib/Utils.py",line 833, in
> wrap    return cache[k]KeyError: (<samba_waf18.ConfigurationContext
> object at 0x7fb83837d8e0>,)---------------------------------------
> In looking at the Python code it seems like there is an issue with
> theexcept KeyError clause in the code.
> Has anyone seen this issue before?

Richard,
Just checking if you managed to work it out?

Andrew Bartlett (he/him)       https://samba.org/~abartlet/Samba Team Member (since 2001) https://samba.orgSamba Team Lead                https://catalyst.net.nz/services/sambaCatalyst.Net Ltd
Proudly developing Samba for Catalyst.Net Ltd - a Catalyst IT group
company
Samba Development and Support: https://catalyst.net.nz/services/samba
Catalyst IT - Expert Open Source Solutions