Building Samba master from a few days ago on CentOS 8.5 runs into a weird Python problem

Richard Sharpe realrichardsharpe at gmail.com
Thu Aug 17 01:50:33 UTC 2023

Hi folks,

I am trying to configure Samba master from a few days ago on a CentOS
8.5 system.

I ran the bootstrap script and it only complained about lmdb-devel ...

Then when I ran configure --enable-debug, I got this error:

--------------------------------------
# ./configure --enable-debug
Setting top to                           : /root/src/samba-ad-error-injection
Setting out to                           :
/root/src/samba-ad-error-injection/bin
Checking for 'gcc' (C compiler)          : Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/src/samba-ad-error-injection/third_party/waf/waflib/Utils.py",
line 833, in wrap
    return cache[k]
KeyError: (<samba_waf18.ConfigurationContext object at 0x7fb83837d8e0>,)

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/root/src/samba-ad-error-injection/third_party/waf/waflib/Utils.py",
line 833, in wrap
    return cache[k]
KeyError: (<samba_waf18.ConfigurationContext object at 0x7fb83837d8e0>,)

In looking at the Python code it seems like there is an issue with the
except KeyError clause in the code.

Has anyone seen this issue before?

--
Regards,