Apple OS X SMB issues across VPN

Dan Tappin dan at orourke.ca
Fri Dec 9 15:37:34 GMT 2005

I had another go around with Sonicwall support with no luck.  We
walked thought entire config of both units with no resolution.

I am going to try one more thing today.  I am going to try a http
transfer from 3 sources.  My powerbook on the local LAN, the xserve
and the test RH server.  I will get a VPN user to download the
identical files from all 3 systems.  I want to narrow this down to a
samba issue or a os x issue.  OS X is part of the issue but perhaps
it's just the combo.

If that is the case I think I should try a custom build on my Powerbook.

Dan T