Scanning with Orinoco PCMCIA card?

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Thu Mar 24 14:17:10 GMT 2005

I have a classic Lucent Orinoco Gold 802.11b PCMCIA card.
Is it possible to scan with this card, with some driver?

I was trying to run NetworkManager under Fedora-3 with kernel-2.6.11 ,
but was told after some time that this would not work with this card
and the orinoco_cs driver in the kernel,
because these do not support scanning.

It was suggested that scanning might be possible
either with a more recent version of orinoco_cs or with a different driver.
Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

--
Timothy Murphy
tel: +353-86-2336090, +353-1-2842366