[WIRELESS] Scanning with Orinoco PCMCIA card?

Mike Kershaw dragorn at nerv-un.net
Thu Mar 24 14:29:57 GMT 2005

> It was suggested that scanning might be possible
> either with a more recent version of orinoco_cs or with a different driver.
> Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

There are patches to add scanning to orinoco 0.13-based drivers (ie,
kernel) but unless they've been updated they probably won't apply to
your new kernel driver code since its been reorganized and elements
renamed.  Google can probably find it if it exists.

Orinoco-cs 0.15rc2 (or CVS head) supports scanning, and sort-of supports
rfmon (still need patches for kismet, for example), but seems to have
significant stability issues in my testing, and its still very beta.

-m

--
"According to a study released Tuesday by the National Institute of Emotional
Studies, laughter, long employed as a cathartic response to absurd or humorous