Info on an 800m link with 2 x DLink AP-900+

Darryl Smith Darryl at radio-active.net.au
Mon May 26 10:47:56 EST 2003

People

FYI, 1-2% packet loss is a lot worse than it sounds. The thing is that
802.11 equipment does retries without informing the equipment at either end.
Thus, if you do a TCP/IP packet loss test (such as using PING), you will see
packets lost only if they have been lost a few times over the link.

Darryl

---------
Darryl Smith, VK2TDS   POBox 169 Ingleburn NSW 2565 Australia
Mobile Number 0412 929 634 [+61 4 12 929 634 International]
Darryl at radio-active.net.au | www.radio-active.net.au