Authentication: 802.1x vs nocat project

Fernando Cabrera fernan_cs at yahoo.es
Fri Mar 21 08:17:28 EST 2003

Hello!!

I have a wireless card in my Red Hat box running as master mode with the
hostap. I want to authenticate the users who connects to my computer. I
have heard about 802.1X and Radius server in this mailing list, but i have
found other utility to do that. This is the Nocat project http://nocat.net/
. You can see a brief guide in this link
http://verma.sfsu.edu/users/wireless/bawug-july-2002.pdf

I have looked the nocat page and i guess it´s very similar to 802.1x, even
you can give different kinds of access to your netwok, depending of the
privilege of the user. I want to know if you can do that with 802.1x and
Radius and if there are any other different between them.

Which one do you recommend me??

Thanks