SMC2602W V2 + Red Hat 7.2

Fernando Cabrera fernan_cs at yahoo.es
Sat Feb 15 23:59:08 EST 2003

Hi!!!

I´m trying to  install the wlan-ng-0.1.16 packet for using my SMC 2602W V2
wireless card. I´ve heard that this card has the Intersil chip.

After i compile the source code i try to insert the files prism2_pci,
prism2_plx and p80211 with insmod instruction, but the next error happens.

hint: insmod errors can be caused by incorrect module parameter, including
IO or IRQ parameters.

Sometimes i get another message that said something like "This file doesn´t
contain a GPL license" and then there are some unresolved symbols.

I´m using Red Hat 7.2 with kernel 2.4.7, but i´ve tried with kernel 2.4.18
and i get the same message. I also have used wlan-nt-0.1.15,
wlan-ng-0.1.14-pre3 and wlan-ng-0.1.14-pre4.

Do you know what´s wrong?? I´m sure it´s a stupid thing but i have done a
lot tests and i feel i´m going to be crazy!!!

Please, help me!!