Wep 40bit key

Brad Brad braddeicide at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 05:00:27 EST 2003

Hi, i've got my rebadged orinoco gold working fine unWEPed, however enabling
WEP kills things.  I read that i can only have 40bit, aparently its key
length is 5 chars though? my AP won't accept less than 10chars and calls
that 64bit.  from my understanding 64bit is 40bit + marketing?  any ideas on
whats happening there?  128 is also 13 char verse 26 char btw.

I'm currently using debian.  when i used redhat it used wvlan_cs i could
have 128bit key, i'm looking for that driver atm...

thx,
Brad.