dns-lookup problem on eth1

Johan Almqvist johan-radiolan at almqvist.net
Wed Apr 16 22:17:03 EST 2003

* "Zuern, Frank" <Frank.Zuern at sud-chemie.com> [030416 14:04]:
> >Some SuSe geek can probably tell you how to bind the default route to
> >eth1 instead of eth0.
> That's exactly my problem; it must be able to make it work transparent,
> because I am not intending to use both adapters at the same time, but I
> want to work in several WLAN Environments, using dhcp.
>
> I can remove the internal card from the configuration,  and assign eth0
> to the WiFi; that's how I got it to work,  but that is not what I am
> looking for in the long term.

You can probably use the pcmcia-up and pcmcia-down scripts to put the
default route on the WLAN card whenever it is inserted and to put the
default route back to eth0 (the internal interface) when you remove the
WLAN card. I don't know where those scripts live in your distro, though.

-Johan
--
Johan Almqvist
http://www.almqvist.net/johan/