RH9.0 and Wireless

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Mon Apr 14 21:41:42 EST 2003

Oh,

Drats.  I'll have to eat my words.  Using the RH9.0 network control panel util
I can get the Cisco card talking to my AP using WEP - initially you set the
mode to Auto, the rate to Auto and enter your WEP key as
0xNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN not 0xNNNN-NNNN- etc. and set the essid too for
your AP.

Bringing the interface up, iwevent will report the ESSID, WEP and rate were
set OK and it should then say it's found the AP.

iwconfig reports it's connected to an AP, but no data is travelling across.
The DLink AP SNMP util reports not much traffic is being received nor and
ipconfig on my laptop is reporting tx errors.

So I am stumped.  It's almost there but still not working.  This is very
frustrating as it just worked as proscribed in RH8.0

Grrr!

jASON