DWL-900AP Flaky Bridge Mode

John Croft john.croft at jcu.edu.au
Fri Apr 11 15:08:15 EST 2003

> Date: Thu, 10 Apr 2003 10:28:53 +1000
> From: Jason Hecker <jhecker at wireless.org.au>
> To: wireless at lists.samba.org
> Subject: DWL-900AP Flaky Bridge Mode
> Message: 1
>
> In light of all the agro my friend has been having with the very flaky
> bridge mode in his DWL-900AP (it seems to go to sleep all the time), would
> the firmware upgrade from this site:
>
> http://www.seattlewireless.net/index.cgi/Wap11Hack
>
> fix the problem?  Has anyone tried to install the DLink USA version of the
> firmware (1.4j3) on Australian (labelled as Euro versions)
> DWL-900APs?  Currently the firmware is 1.4h2.
>
> jASON

I have flashed a dlink sourced 1.4j3 firmware with no problems:
	ftp://ftp.dlink.com/Wireless/DWL900AP/Firmware/dwl900AP_firmware_14j3.exe

I'm using the ATMEL config program as per the Hack page above. The AP runs fine in
wireless-to-wired bridging mode, although I haven't put a lot of traffic through it.

--
JohnC