RH9.0 and Wireless

Jason Hecker jhecker at wireless.org.au
Mon Apr 14 10:22:56 EST 2003

I installed Redhat 9.0 on the weekend and my Cisco 350 PCMCIA wireless card
just would not connect to the access point at all.

After much mucking about, I was able to manually get it to connect.

It would appear the new networking scripts do stuff in the wrong order.  It
seems that all the iwconfig stuff done in ipup-wireless is done after
whereever the "ip set dev eth0 up" is done.

Is it just the Cisco card or do all wireless devices need to have their
"ethx" interface down before any iwconfig commands actually take effect?