Problems with Symbol CF card in Zaurus

Christopher Smith x at xman.org
Mon May 20 07:19:49 EST 2002

On Fri, 2002-05-17 at 11:35, Pavel Roskin wrote:
> Hi, Chris!
>
> On 17 May 2002, Christopher Smith wrote:
>
> > Okay, so I downloaded the Symbol driver for my Zaurus. I followed the
> > instructions as carefully as possible. It's still not working (the light
> > isn't even coming on). cardctl see it as:
>
> Please, whenever you are writing that some software doesn't work and
> expect others to help you, give the exact version of the software and the
> error messages.  It's so simple, and it's something that should be so
> obvious to everybody (do you really expect all versions to be equal?), yet
> people keep forgetting it.
>
> If you have a problem with the Spectrum driver, I want to know the version
> of the driver, not that of your ROM.
>
> The messages from the drivers are can be retrieve by the "dmesg"
> command.  To make sure that the driver is loaded, check the output of
> "lsmod".  If it's not there, check logs for messages from cardmgr.
>
> If you get the latest version 0.3.2 of the Spectrum driver from
> http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/symbol/ you will find a very clear
> explanation where spectrum.conf should be copied.  Make sure it's there.
> (Since you didn't mention the version of the driver you got the instuction
> form, I think you assumed I'm a lazy guy who never changes the
> documentation once it's written.)

I'm sorry, I was only aware of one version of the drivers. I picked i up
from the Zaurus Zone support forums:

http://www.iral.com:88/~albertr/zaurus/spectrum_cs.zip

I will try to build from the sources you provided. And yes, I know the
driver was loaded. I got a ton of content in dmesg.. literally looked
like it was just dumping memory.

I definitely updated my config file to include references to the
Spectrum24.

--Chris