Problems with Symbol CF card in Zaurus

Jean Tourrilhes jt at bougret.hpl.hp.com
Sat May 18 07:41:53 EST 2002

Pavel Roskin wrote :
> On 17 May 2002, Christopher Smith wrote:
>
> > Okay, so I downloaded the Symbol driver for my Zaurus. I followed the
> > instructions as carefully as possible. It's still not working (the light
> > isn't even coming on). cardctl see it as:
>
> Please, whenever you are writing that some software doesn't work and
> expect others to help you, give the exact version of the software and the
> error messages.  It's so simple, and it's something that should be so
> obvious to everybody (do you really expect all versions to be equal?), yet
> people keep forgetting it.

	Another simple thing that save everybody a lot of time : run
"iwconfig" (and "ifconfig") in a terminal and copy the output in your
e-mail. This way we know what is the card configuration (like WEP,
Ad-Hoc mode, ...) and current state (stats and error counters).
	Yeah, and I won't mention other information available in
/proc, such as /proc/interrupt and /proc/modules.

	Thanks...

	Jean