Problems with Symbol CF card in Zaurus

Pavel Roskin proski at gnu.org
Sat May 18 04:35:30 EST 2002

Hi, Chris!

On 17 May 2002, Christopher Smith wrote:

> Okay, so I downloaded the Symbol driver for my Zaurus. I followed the
> instructions as carefully as possible. It's still not working (the light
> isn't even coming on). cardctl see it as:

Please, whenever you are writing that some software doesn't work and
expect others to help you, give the exact version of the software and the
error messages.  It's so simple, and it's something that should be so
obvious to everybody (do you really expect all versions to be equal?), yet
people keep forgetting it.

If you have a problem with the Spectrum driver, I want to know the version
of the driver, not that of your ROM.

The messages from the drivers are can be retrieve by the "dmesg"
command.  To make sure that the driver is loaded, check the output of
"lsmod".  If it's not there, check logs for messages from cardmgr.

If you get the latest version 0.3.2 of the Spectrum driver from
http://www.red-bean.com/~proski/symbol/ you will find a very clear
explanation where spectrum.conf should be copied.  Make sure it's there.
(Since you didn't mention the version of the driver you got the instuction
form, I think you assumed I'm a lazy guy who never changes the
documentation once it's written.)

--
Regards,
Pavel Roskin