More info on: irq problem with pcmcia-cs-3.1.33 & orinico

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Tue Mar 12 18:45:56 EST 2002

Hello Everyone,

This is an update on my previous message yesterday. I
forgot to include the exact errors displayed on my
screen as I get IRQ problems.

Anyways, the messages are as follows:

MSG 1> orinoco_cs: RequestIRQ: Resource in use
Above message pops up when the orinoco_cs module
detects that IRQ 10 is in use. And still, it kept on
using IRQ10 (see previous message below).

MSG2> PROMISCOUSMODE Set to 1
This message appears when the orinoco modules loads
and raises eth4 properly (but still using IRQ 10), and
I'm able to make use of the wireless connection.

MSG3> eth4: Null event in orinoco_interrupt
This message keeps on showing when the orinoco modules
succesfully loads and raises eth4. This message simply
keeps on popping out continously as long as I have
eth4 "up".

Any help on making the orinoco modules make use of
other IRQs is greately appreciated. I don't mind even
if I have to explicitly declare them on the source
codes. Just tell me what value, and where to place
them. My available IRQs are: 3,5,7, & 9 respectively.
If possible, I would like to make use of 9 for my
wireless interface.

- VIC

 MY PREVIOUS MESSAGE:
Message: 9