D-Link DWL-520

Jason Hecker jason at air.net.au
Wed Mar 6 09:34:33 EST 2002

Hi,

I got a DWL-520 last week and have had it running in Linux.

Go to http://www.linux-wlan.com and download version 0.1.13 of the drivers.

Follow the README file for compiling and installing.  I compiled mine
against v2.4.9-21custom of RH7.2's kernel sources.  In the README are
instructions for firing up the PCI version of the chipset with which I have
had success.  Jean's Wireless Tools have very limited support with these
drivers (it will improve over time) but there is a "wlancfg" program
included in the package that gets compiled as well that lets you muck with
many, many settings on the card.  The README tells you the basics of what
to do to get going on the air.

Drop me a line privately if you need more assistance.

Yes, their price is very, very attractive.  I have heard rumours though
that D-Link cards are at the lower end of the scale for overall signal
reception quality.  Can anyone substantiate this?

jASON