Wanted: wireless network card

Vic Berdin sndbeat at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 26 15:45:04 EST 2002

--- David Gibson <david at gibson.dropbear.id.au> wrote:
> What's your network setup?  What sort of AP do you
> have?

it's a lucent AP configured as Ad-Hoc. i did sent my
essid correctly, in fact, my orinoco silver works with
it (i also have an intersil and it *somewhat* works
with it too, just a few TX and BAP from time to time).
I also take note of what wireless tools command my
cards support. Sometimes issuing unsupported iwconfig
command sends my Intersil card to oblivion (or it
seems like it).

> Gosh, I'm surprised it even compiles with 2.2.19.
> This may be the
> source of the trouble.

whah?! you mean I'm on the wrong side of the road?
well actually, my environment is a LEAF Dachstein
2.2.19 LRP (http://lrp.steinkuehler.net/). But I build
my modules on a RH6.2 box with a 2.2.19 source tree.
Same tree I use when adding features to my LRP kernel.

Actually, all I'm really after is to determine the
brand/model of wireless card that I can use for my
environment, and be able to switch from Ad-Hoc and AP
mode without having to replace my card.

Also, one of my wishlist is for orinoco drivers to
support bridging (I can do bridging with hostap).

Thanks - Vic