full-duplex 802.11?

Luke Schapel lschapel at bigpond.com
Tue Jul 16 23:29:33 EST 2002

Have to put my $0.2c in here as I have been thinking of the same thing.
  I have modded two Netgear MA401's for external antennae, if they are
at opposites ends of the PCI slots (cradles that is) crosstalk should
not be a problem. Won't work with one antenna though, so I want to use
two modded Ex-Galaxy antennae, one mounted horizontally and the other
vertically. This should also minimise crosstalk. So now I am at the
stage of figuring out how I can get my FreeBSD Wireless/Router/Firewall
to use one card as transmit only and the other as receive only.

Before I get people saying _22 Meg_ cards, my reason is to circumvent
the CSMA/CA issue. Collision Avoidance, which is the real killer in a
high traffic environment _may_ not be such an issue in a full-duplex
rig. Anyway, its all good fun :)

Cheers

Luke