WAP 11 Power Consumption?

Jamie Lovick jalovick at doof.org
Mon Jul 15 11:03:20 EST 2002

On Mon, 15 Jul 2002, Simon Byrnand wrote:

> At 08:21 13/07/02 +1000, Darryl Smith wrote:
> >
> >The WAP-11 can join two LAN's, and will do this in a manner that is
> >cheap. Normally you would have two WAP-11 units - one connected to a LAN
> >at each end. The two units become effectively a piece of 10baseT
> >ethernet cable, with a HUB at each end.
>
> Let me get this straight - two WAP-11's can be made to connect to
> each other, so they can bridge two lans ? What mode are they
> operating in to do that ? With the access points I've seen (Lucent
> Wavepoint II's) you can't get two access points to connect to each
> other, at least not without extra (very expensive) firmware.

WAP-11's will do point to point bridging, point to multipoint briding,
or AP mode, or client mode.

> Will they work as an access point as well in the same mode ?

You can have one work as an AP and one work as a client.

Regards

Jamie

--
Jamie Lovick    <->  IT Consultant    <-> +614 1479 1681
Hobby     : Doof.org                   -> jalovick at doof.org
Director  : Drastic Solutions Pty Ltd  -> jalovick at drasticsolutions.com.au
----- Public Relations Officer - the Australian Wireless Association -----