WAP 11 Power Consumption?

Simon Byrnand simon at igrin.co.nz
Mon Jul 15 07:53:22 EST 2002

At 08:21 13/07/02 +1000, Darryl Smith wrote:
>G'Day
>
>The WAP-11 can join two LAN's, and will do this in a manner that is
>cheap. Normally you would have two WAP-11 units - one connected to a LAN
>at each end. The two units become effectively a piece of 10baseT
>ethernet cable, with a HUB at each end.

Hi Darryl,

Let me get this straight - two WAP-11's can be made to connect to each
other, so they can bridge two lans ? What mode are they operating in to do
that ? With the access points I've seen (Lucent Wavepoint II's) you can't
get two access points to connect to each other, at least not without extra
(very expensive) firmware.

Will they work as an access point as well in the same mode ?

Just curious :-)

Regards,
Simon