API's

Steven Hanley sjh at wibble.net
Thu Jan 31 15:15:10 EST 2002

On Wed, Jan 30, 2002 at 03:18:38PM -0700, Prasad Venkata Boddupalli wrote:
> Hi,
>     Is there any library of routines that can be used to retrieve
> information from the access points. The orinoco tools seem to be black
> boxes, without any hints as how to access that information. Can someone
> please throw more light on that.

well sor of, the orinoco and old apple airport (at least the cheap access
points) all seak SNMP for their configuration and management, there is a java
client for the airport configuration that also works on the low cost lucent
access points, there is source available, I would assume one could use the
java source to work out what is going on or even use it to talk to access
points if it is good modular software.

Other wise just use SNMP and get an SNMP sniffer out.

       See You
           Steve

--
sjh at wibble.net http://wibble.net/~sjh
You are subtle as a window pane standing in my view