Correct way of using the orinoco_cs driver

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Sun Jan 20 22:11:15 EST 2002

On Sun, Jan 20, 2002 at 09:33:27PM +1030, Mike O'Connor wrote:
> I'm getting a message saying "orinoco_cs: Card Service release does not
> match!". I have look arround the net and found a lot of mention of this
> problem but no real explaintion on how to fix it.

All it means is that the Card Services version in the kernel does not match
either the version in the module or the version of cardmgr you are using.
Are you sure you're compiling the orinoco driver against the right kernel
tree?

> Also I'm getting an error about "cardmgr: {path to modules}: init_module:
> operation not permitted"

That's the module load failing probably.

> A friends Lucent tech wavelan/IEEE gets the same errors.
>
> Using the wvlan_cs I can get the lucent card working.

Wierd, I've never had any difficulties. orinoco_cs in part of the 2.4.18
kernel you're using, so there is not even a need to go download anything.
You can compile it as part of your normal kernel compile.

make modules_install does it for me

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>