Problem with Gold card

Martijn van Oosterhout kleptog at svana.org
Sat Jan 19 12:28:16 EST 2002

On Fri, Jan 18, 2002 at 08:05:02PM -0500, mwbogus at yahoo.com wrote:
> Hello, I have been using the three gold cards with the wvlan_cs driver with
> no difficulties for quite some time now. But, I upgraded the firmware to 8.1
> to take advantage of the avoidance of the weak initialization vector
> weakness in WEP. After that, my wireless network will not work after a
> period of time, sometimes hours, sometimes minutes.

Are these orinoco gold cards? I upgraded an orinoco solver to that firmware
and had no problems at all.

> It seems like the keys are no longer in synch or something. The only way to
> get the network working again is to either reset the encryption key
> (sometimes doesn't work) or stop and restart the pcmcia card and then reset
> the wavelan parameters using iwconfig.

Any messages in the syslog?

> Anyway, I was wondering if the new orinoco_cs driver is capable of working
> with this new hardware? Has anyone had any success or experiences with this
> new firmware and the current orinoco_cs driver contained in the latest
> kernel?

New hardware? The orinoco gold has been out for ages and does seem to work
really well. The only place I don't use it is on an old machine because the
orinoco driver doesn't work on 2.2.

The one in recent kernels is pretty up-to-date, but you can always grab the
latest from the web.

HTH,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog at svana.org>