DWL-900AP+ External Mounting Environmentals ;-((

rwf rwf at bsrg.org
Mon Dec 30 13:51:55 EST 2002

Cisco does it with 48VDC.
At that voltage, the current is less and they seem to work quite well.

I have a Cisco 342 AP/Bridge up at 110 ft on my tower. It likes 12V.
I have a couple of cases of 15VDC 1.5A switching supplies that were
designed to go into wall warts.
I power up the feedline with one of those and get my 12V at the AP.
Works like a champ.  I mounted a small red LED on the weatherproof box to
indicate power.
It has saved my neck a couple of times when I accidentally had disconnected
the power. I just wait til night time and look out the window up the tower.
Looks like a beacon in the night!

Ralph N4NEQ
http://www.ralphfowler.com
Atlanta Freenet