DWL-900AP+ External Mounting Environmentals ;-((

Lyle Williams lyle.williams at bigpond.com
Mon Dec 30 08:05:29 EST 2002

Finally, I came to the same conclusion.  My short run of Cat5 ended up being
flakey for 5v power.  I put a power supply in the box with the AP, and ran
12volts to it.  With the inefficiencies in the power supply, there was now
too much heat in the box, and too much current over the Cat5.  After a night
musing over the options, I decided that although power over Cat5 was pretty
sexy, ultimately it wasn't what I was trying to achieve.

My external AP box is now fed 5v by a couple of huge (well, 1.8 sq mm)
conductors.

Lyle Williams
VK1XLW