DWL-900AP+ External Mounting Environmentals ;-((

Craig Sanders cas at vicnet.net.au
Sat Dec 28 15:21:17 EST 2002

On Fri, Dec 27, 2002 at 01:30:34PM +1100, Grahame Kelly wrote:
> Initial tests worked well - until the sun came over the house(s)
> and while not directly in sunlight, the tempature raised to 32C
> internally caused the units to both fail within 2 mins. According the
> DLINK spec they are suppose to tolerate operations -10C to +55C: Well
> this is totally untrue according to my experience - I hope your more
> successfull. My measurements show the units go off or intermittent at
> +30C external - allowing for a 5C to 10C internal onboard difference
> its operating temp is only 35C to 40C MAX. This was tested on four
> units. All showed the same effect.

my DWL-900AP+ went up on my mast (a 12m telomast) yesterday afternoon
in an aluminium box from jaycar, many thanks to Vak & Rob from the
melbwireless innernorth group. we're feeding it 12V AC over the CAT-5
cable and regulating it inside the box. BTW, the AP has been removed
from it's original plastic casing.

it's been working perfectly so far. current temperature here is over 32
degrees (the bom.gov.au site reports 32.4 degrees for Melbourne, and
34.1 degrees for Melbourne Airport. both readings logged at 3pm today)

craig

--
Craig Sanders
Senior Systems Administrator