DWL-650+

Bob Edwards Robert.Edwards at anu.edu.au
Sun Dec 8 08:41:08 EST 2002

Michał Margula wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Has anybody tried to use D-Link DWL-650+ under Linux? I found information in
> SUPPORTED.CARDS of pcmcia-cs that DWL-650 (without plus sing) is supported.
> But I cant make it work. I am using pcmcia-cs version 3.1.30 and kernel
> 2.4.18.

The DWL-650+ is a very different card to the DWL-650. You will need to wait
for someone to finish writing a driver specifically for the 650+, or more
generally, for the Texas Instruments USR2210 chipset.

> I have added following lines to /etc/pcmcia/hermes.conf and /etc/pcmcia/config
> :
>
> card "Texas Instruments USR2210 22Mbps Wireless PC Card"
>   manfid 0x0097, 0x8402
>   bind "orinoco_cs"
>
> Output of my lspci is:
>
> [...]
> 06:00.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments USR2210 22Mbps Wireless PC Card
>
> BTW: Why does that card appear in lspci and my pcmcia-based etherned card does
> not?

The DWL-650+ is a CardBus card (essentially, PCI on a PCMCIA card). It is
likely that your (10Mbps?) Ethernet card is a plain PCMCIA card (aka PC Card),
which is more like ISA, so it won't appear on lspci.

Cheers,

Bob Edwards.