DWL-650+

Michał Margula alchemyx at uznam.net.pl
Sun Dec 8 03:35:15 EST 2002

Hello!

Has anybody tried to use D-Link DWL-650+ under Linux? I found information in
SUPPORTED.CARDS of pcmcia-cs that DWL-650 (without plus sing) is supported.
But I cant make it work. I am using pcmcia-cs version 3.1.30 and kernel
2.4.18.

I have added following lines to /etc/pcmcia/hermes.conf and /etc/pcmcia/config
:

card "Texas Instruments USR2210 22Mbps Wireless PC Card"
  manfid 0x0097, 0x8402
  bind "orinoco_cs"

Output of my lspci is:

[...]
06:00.0 Network controller: Texas Instruments USR2210 22Mbps Wireless PC Card

BTW: Why does that card appear in lspci and my pcmcia-based etherned card does
not?

--
Michał Margula, alchemyx at uznam.net.pl, http://alchemyx.uznam.net.pl/ +)
"W życiu piękne są tylko chwile" [Ryszard Riedel]