Non-working DWL-520

Timothy Murphy tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie
Sun Aug 11 04:07:22 EST 2002

I've just been trying out a DWL-520 which I bought on eBay.
It was sealed, but does not seem to be found
either in Windows-2000 or Linux (lspci).

Have there been problems with this card,
or is there some reason why it is not listed by lspci?

I tried the card in 2 computers;
one had PCI-2.1 and the other PCI-2.0 .
I wondered if one actually had to have PCI-2.2
even to see the card?

I notice that the terminal "legs" on the card
are a little shorter than on most cards;
and it seems seems significantly harder to "bed" properly.

Any advice gratefully received.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: tim at birdsnest.maths.tcd.ie