orinoco_cs insmod problems

Brad Hards bhards at bigpond.net.au
Sun Jul 29 12:09:49 EST 2001

That Jeff Guy wrote:

> I'm trying to build and install the orinoco_cs driver, but when I run
> insmod, I get these unresolved dependencies:
>
> orinoco_cs.o: unresolved symbol dldwd_proc_dev_init
> orinoco_cs.o: unresolved symbol dldwd_setup
> orinoco_cs.o: unresolved symbol dldwd_shutdown
> orinoco_cs.o: unresolved symbol dldwd_proc_dev_cleanup
> orinoco_cs.o: unresolved symbol dldwd_reset
> orinoco_cs.o: unresolved symbol dldwd_interrupt
>
> Has anyone seen this before/know the resolution? I would appreciate any
> assistance.
modprobe, don't insmod. This will sort out the dependencies for you. insmod is
mainly for device testing.

The reason why it fails is that there is a modular architecture for this
driver, based on hermes, orinoco and orinoco_cs modules. You should see each
of these modules in your modules directory. In your case, you don't have
orinoco.o loaded.

Brad