Please help!!continuation to prev email (newbie)

Bin Zhou binzhou at site.uottawa.ca
Sat Dec 22 05:01:32 EST 2001

Hi, Rakesh

Thank you for help.

Questions:
1. Make xconfig
I use orinoco pc acrd on pci adapter. PCI bridge Probe result is TI 1410.
My configure on make xconfig is
a. general setup:
PCMCIA/CardBus Support: Y
CardBus support: Y
I82365 compatible bridge support: Y
(BTW, I don't know TI1410 bridge is compatible with i82365 or Yenta, I
choose Y because I am not sure)

b.network devices support:
Metwork device support:Y
Dummy netdriver support:Y
Ethernet(10 or 100M):Y
3c90x card support:Y (one 3c905 net card, work fine)
Tulip card support:Y (one Mx98715 net card, work fine)
Wireless Lan(non-hamradio): Y (to enable  wireless extension)
Wireless PCMCIA cards support:
Hermes support: Y (for orinoco card)

c. PCMCIA network device support:Y
Pcmcia wireless Lan:Y
lucent wavelan wireless support:Y

d. loadable module support: all Y

2. others are same procedure except without cp System.map
what's System.map used for?
I cannot find System.map-2.4.9?

Thanks again for all the help from this forum.

Bin