Please help!!continuation to prev email (newbie)

Rakesh Arora rake_arora at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 21 18:27:48 EST 2001

Hi,
      I used the in-built pcmcia modules, rather than
the standalone pcmcia-cs package. My steps were:
1. make mrproper
2. make xconfig
3. make dep make clean
4. make bzImage
5. make modules make modules_install
6. copy bzImage image to /boot
7. copy System.map to /boot/System.map-2.4.16 and then
create a symbolic link for /boot/System.map
8. make changes to /etc/lilo.conf, run /sbin/lilo and
then reboot.

All the files pcmcia_core.o, orinoco_cs.o etc were
installed in the proper directories. I also copied the
file hermes.conf to /etc/pcmcia earlier on.

Hope this helps. If you want, I can send you my
.config file to your email address.

-rakesh