iwconfig core dumped ?

Jean Tourrilhes jt at bougret.hpl.hp.com
Tue Aug 28 04:01:17 EST 2001

Paul Wisén wrote :

> and "Link quality 0/92" but it works fine ???

	If you want valid number in *ad-hoc* mode, please read the
driver release notes. It's normal for the driver to report that in
this case.

>  iwconfig crashes after displaying valid info...
> 	Do cp /usr/src/linux/include/linux/wireless.h /usr/include/linux
> 	Recompile and reinstall the wireless tools
>
> done that... still no change..

	So, it must be your kernel modules which are out of date. Are
you sure the wireless.h come from the kernel and the modules you are
using ?

> done that.. Im using the latest driver from lucent now.. does it really need
> fixing ?

	Never used that driver, so I don't know.

	Jean