smbpasswd on FC5 does not work

Michael Martinez mikem at nmt.edu
Tue Sep 19 18:07:22 GMT 2006

Hi,

We're running Samba-3.0.14a on freebsd. We recently upgraded our clients
from FC2 to FC5 and "smbpasswd" no longer works. It throws the following
error:

""""
-bash-3.1$ passwd
Old SMB password:
New SMB password:
Retype new SMB password:
cli_pipe_validate_current_pdu: RPC fault code NT code 0x1c010002
received from remote machine sambaserver pipe \samr fnum 0x7490!
machine sambaserver rejected the password change: Error was : NT code
0x1c010002.
Failed to change password for username
""""

It used to work under FC2 (and still works with our Redhat 9 clients) so
it seems to be an FC5 problem.

Anyone seen this error before? Is this a known issue?

--
Regards,

Michael Martinez
Engineering Manager
Tech Computer Center (TCC), Speare Room 128
New Mexico Tech, 801 Leroy Place, Socorro, NM 87801
(505) 835-5388 mikem at nmt.edu
http://www.nmt.edu/tcc/
--
http://sftplogging.sourceforge.net