mount -t fails

Sabarinath G gsabarinath at rediffmail.com
Fri Sep 29 06:58:34 GMT 2006

Hi,

   I am facing this problem since 1 month and not able to resolve it, can anybody help?
I gave the command..
"mount -t smbfs -o username=Administrator //192.168.10.10/share /home/usr1/share"
It asks for the passwd and after giving the password it gives the following error
"18007: session setup failed: ERRDOS - ERRnoaccess (Access denied.)
SMB connection failed"

->I reconfirmed that...
      username and passwd are correct,
      ipaddress of server is correct,
      both the share name and mount point are existing,
      iptable is turned off in linux and firewall is off on Windows
      SELinux is not enabled
      smbd, nmbd are running as I am able to access SAMBA shares from my Windows machine to this linux machine.

I am using a Windows XP Prof and FedoraCore4 with these configuration samba-3.0.14a-2
samba-common-3.0.14a-2
samba-client-3.0.14a-2

I couldnt find anything wrong in /var/log/messages, is there anything other log exists for this.

Please help

Thanks and Regds

Sabarinath