Not able to access the mount

Matt Seitz seitz at neopathnetworks.com
Mon Aug 28 19:42:12 GMT 2006

DSouza, Santosh wrote:
> I am using smbfs as cifs is not supported in the Linux box I have.

Sorry, I was looking at a RHEL 4 box, not a RHEL 3 box.  I see now that RHEL 3
apparently does not install cifs-vfs.

> As well I tried up2date and its not working.

Are you saying up2date is not working?  Or are you saying that the mount is not
working, even after you ran "up2date"?

 > Any way I could make this work
> without having to touch the kernel and without rebooting the box

Well, if the problem is with the smbfs.o kernel module, you may need to install
a kernel update RPM from Red Hat and reboot.  If the problem is with the
supporting Samba code, then you should be able to install an updated Samba RPM
from Red Hat.

--
Sincerely,
Matthew Seitz