smbclient -c queue on Windows 2003 Server

Dean Bishop dbishop at ehvert.com
Mon Aug 23 16:34:55 GMT 2004

Good morning folks,

            I am trying to gather queue information on a printer queue
that is shared off of a Windows 2003 server.  I used to be able to do
this on WinNT but it does not appear to work with Windows 2003.

I can connect to the share without error with the following command:

smbclient //server/printer -U username%password

Domain=[EHVERT] OS=[Windows Server 2003 3790] Server=[Windows Server
2003 5.2]

smb: \>

but when I enter the command "queue" to get a list of the print jobs in
that printer's queue it simply, and silently, returns me to the smb
prompt without providing any data:

smb: \> queue

smb: \>

I know that there is stuff in the queue.  I can see it from the windows
workstations.

Am I doing something wrong?

Box:~# smbclient -V

Version 3.0.5-Debian