smbfs directories contain all empty files...

Thibodeau, Jim jthibodeau at state.mt.us
Mon Aug 23 16:29:35 GMT 2004

Hello,
I have sort of an interesting problem concerning the use of mounted smb
files systems.
Mounts of remote shares with a small number of files seems to work without
any issues. When I mount a remote share that contains a large number of
files and I mean in the range of thousands the files all appear to be empty.
When I cat them, I get nothing, when I cp them my the target file size is
always 0 bytes in size. All of this occurs without any apparent errors of
any sort.
Does this sound familiar to anyone?
Jim