smbsh problem - please help

Ali Abedi ali.abedi at bis-internet.co.uk
Wed Oct 22 11:37:24 GMT 2003

Hi,

currently I am running Solaris 8 and I am trying to install Samba so
that I can run smbsh to access a Windows server. I do the following:

./configure --prefix=/usr/local/samba --with-smbwrapper
make
make install

All the documentation I have seen says what I am doing is correct.
Neither the configure nor any of the make commands fail. And once the
installation is complete everything else works fine. However, smbsh
isn't installed. The actual binary isn't installed and hence if I type
smbsh then I get the message "smbsh: command not found".

Please help...

Ali Abedi
Systems Administration Manager
BIS Ltd | Baltic Exchange | 38 St Mary Axe | London | EC3A 8BH | United
Kingdom
T: 0845 355 5100 | D: 020 7861 9334 | M: 077 6490 6182
W: www.bis-internet.co.uk | E: ali.abedi at bis-internet.co.uk
This email and any attachments herewith are solely for the use of the
intended recipient. If you receive this email and any attachments
herewith in error, please destroy this email and the associated
attachments and contact the sender immediately.