samba on unix to unix

Shanker Jousula jousulas at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 30 18:03:32 GMT 2001

Hello everyone,

We are having a strange problem.  We want to use smb client  on solaris to look at files on a linux server.

Is it possible at all. I thought  Samba was for unix to Windows  only.

Our environment is

1) linux clearcase server uses samba to share files on nt. Works fine.

2) We want to share the directory on linux box on solaris. we dod not want to use nfs on linux box as use of both nfs and samba  sucks on linux. So  I was wondering if we can use  samba to  connect two  unix servers.

Thanks for your help.

Regards,
Shanker