samba on unix to unix

Andrew Pimlott andrew at pimlott.ne.mediaone.net
Mon Jul 30 18:05:30 GMT 2001

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:03:32PM -0400, Shanker Jousula wrote:
> We are having a strange problem.  We want to use smb client  on
> solaris to look at files on a linux server.

While you can use the smbclient program from Samba on Solaris, if
you want to mount the Linux files into the Solaris filesystem, I
think you have to buy a proprietary product (I don't know any
details).  It may be easier to put up with NFS.

Andrew

--
Capitalism interprets regulation as damage, and routes around it.