[Samba] How to configure each connection to be a separate log?

Chen Qiye 992042369 at qq.com
Mon May 20 03:38:52 UTC 2024

Hello,

I try to use elastic stack to analyse file transfer in samba log, to avoid mixing logs from multiple requests, i try to configure each connection to be a separate log.
I use this `log level ` configuration, it  can distinguish logs based on time, but it cannot ensure that each request is a separate log. For example, some requests may be divided into two logs. If the request is between the previous second and the next second, it may occur.

[global]
workgroup = MYGROUP
server string = Samba Server
server role = standalone server
disable netbios = yes
smb ports = 445
dns proxy = no
server min protocol = SMB3
log level = 0 smb:10@/tmp/smb1.log smb2:10@/tmp/smb2_%t.log dfs_samba4:10@/tmp/dfs_samba4.log auth:10@/tmp/auth.log smb2_credits:10@/tmp/smb2_credits.log tevent:10@/tmp/tevent.log vfs:10@/tmp/vfs.log

[share]
path = /home/momo/share
read only = no
writable = yes
browsable = yes

Samba Version: 4.15.13-Ubuntu, OS: Ubuntu22/04

Thanks.
Chen Qiye