[Samba] new DC via clone..

Joachim Lindenberg samba at lindenberg.one
Wed Jul 24 07:01:54 UTC 2024

Hello Rowland, all of Samba,

imho the fact that one cannot simply replace parts of samba is a severe restriction to analyze and fix issues. I decided to compile the exact same version that was in place, and ran into issues. Imho Samba should have instructions on how to compile a version matching the installed version and configuration. Figuring out the delta between the two configurations is beyond my current knowledge.

My goal was very, very simple. In line 630 of source4/samba/process_prefork.c I wanted to add the service name in order to make visible, what service failed:
DBG_ERR("Parent %d, Child %d, Service %s exited with status %d\n", getpid(), pid,  rc->service_name, status);

Maybe someone can pick these suggestions up.

Regards,
Joachim