[Samba] new DC via clone..

Joachim Lindenberg samba at lindenberg.one
Tue Jul 23 13:45:21 UTC 2024

in an attempt to analyze the misbehaviour of my clone I compiled samba (version 4.19.7) from sources, following https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Build_Samba_from_Source#make.
When I entered "make install" however, it started a new compile/link with even more sources [yy/5891] after compilation of preceeding make succeeded [xx/4536]. This is not what I expected to happen - imho install just copies files. Any ideas?
Then I also tried ./configure to change the pathes and figured out, the "..." is probably not required and one could supply multiple options in a single call, correct?
After changing the paths, make, make install, and systemctl start samba-ad-dc I get
"exit_daemon: daemon failed to start: Samba failed to prime database, error code 22"
As I replaced version 4.19.7-Ubuntu: why can the database formats differ? Or what else could have gone wrong?
Thanks,
Joachim